Migraine is an extraordinarily prevalent neurological disease, affecting about 3.8 crore men, women and children in the U.S. and 100 crore people worldwide (source: Migraine research Foundation).
Migraine tends to run in generations, and mostly affects people from 25 to 55 years.
It is important to read a fact sheet of migraine, so that you could understand that, it is not just a headache but more than 4 million people experience chronic daily migraine, having 15 migraine days in a month.
- It is 3rd most common disease in the world
- Approximately 2% of world’s population is affected by chronic migraine
- It has predominance in girls after puberty over equal no. of boys
- It is 7th most disabling disease worldwide among all the diseases
- About 25% of migraine attack sufferers also suffer from visual disturbance called “AURA” (usually lasts less than an hour)
Prevent the number of migraine attacks by knowing properly what exactly happens during a migraine attack and what we can do to limit it.
This video has explained the Migraine headache and have measures for Preventing & limiting migraine attack.
Do let us know your worst experiences in the comment box below, and let others understand the condition.