Piles are categorized as dry (In dry piles there is inflammation of the external piles, continuous pain and become unbearable while voiding the bowels) or bleeding(- In bleeding piles, the internal piles start bleeding and there may be excessive bleeding which may lead to anemia and consequent emaciation).
It is a condition wherein the veins inside or outside the anus or lower rectum gets inflamed or swollen.
Symptoms of piles include:
Feeling of soreness, irritation or pain while passing stool. As a person passes stool, piles get aggravated because of pressure on the rectal area. In some severe cases, bleeding can occur too. This may happen due to chronic constipation, hard-knotty slots, intake of spicy food, excessive wine, meats and also by low or absent physical activity.
A dry pile is painful whereas bleeding piles makes a person weaker.
Pregnant ladies, old persons, sedentary persons who eat enormously and quite often but do not exercise and persons taking dietary items as mentioned in the last paragraph are more prone to piles.
Persistent complaint may cause other complications too e.g. fissures, cancerous growths, pain, swelling etc.
CAUSES of Piles
A person suffers from piles when the anal region veins become varicose.
The prime causes of piles are –
(b) Sedentary way of life
(c) Lack of exercise
(d) Some morbid conditions of the liver.
Home Remedies to cure/prevent piles:
1. Drink lot of water (avg 5 lts /day).
2. Consume green leafy vegetables and fruits which add roughage.
3. Sleep well in nights.
4. Maintain Oral and Anal hygiene.
5. Reduce weight.
6. Drinking radish juice twice a day is also a common remedy for piles. Start off with 1/4 th cup and gradually increase it to half a cup, twice a day.
7. Boil the peel of pomegranate in some water. Strain and drink this water twice a day.
8. Jamblang better known as jambul fruit is effective in treating piles. This fruit is available during the summers, so make full use of their availability. Eat a handful of jambul with a little salt early in the morning with empty stomach.
9. Turnip better known as shalgam, is another useful remedy. Prepare a mixture of 50 ml each of carrot, spinach and turnip leaves juice.
10. Turmeric has antiseptic and healing properties. Therefore, eat a teaspoon of ground, fresh turmeric root.
11. Application of coconut on the affected areas will give relief from the burning and itching.
The person suffering from this problem should not use a hard seat or ride horses during the course of treatment. He/she should not indulge in excessive sex, should not suppress the urge to void the stools for fear of pain which accompanies dry piles.
Latest posts by Aditya (see all)
- Why you Should let your child watch Cartoons & Animations - 27th December 2017
- Alcohol Abuse and its Long Term Effects - 7th March 2017
- How To Get a Good Night’s Sleep Naturally - 16th January 2017