Not getting enough time to go to gym everyday for working out??? We will tell you how to manage to maintain your abs. These set of ab workouts will help you grow razor-sharp abs.
Ab Workouts :
- Stand holding a cable with both hands out in front of you at just under shoulder height.
- Keeping your arms fixed and straight and your abs engaged, rotate your upper body to
the left, then back to center, and then to the right, and then back to center. That’s one rep Alternate sides for one set of 10 complete reps.
- Lie on your back with your hands behind your head, and your legs raised and bent at 90 degrees.
- Alternate sides by bringing your right elbow towards your left knee then your left elbow towards your right knee, building up to 60 seconds.
- Try and hold the crunch for a two-count on each side to force a slower, concentrated movement.
- Lie on your back with arms and legs diagonally out so that your body forms an “X.”
- Keeping arms and legs straight, bring your right hand towards your left foot, then your left hand towards your right foot, lifting your head, neck, and shoulders off the ground. That’s one rep. Aim for one complete set of 10 reps.
The Side Crunch A deceptively difficult move, the side crunch tests your balance while it teases your oblique muscles.
- Kneel on the floor and lean all the way over to your right side, placing your right palm on the floor.
- Keeping your weight balanced, slowly extend your left leg and point your toes.
- Place your left hand behind your head, pointing your elbow toward the ceiling.
- Next, slowly lift your leg to hip height as you extend your arm above your leg, with your palm facing forward.
- Look out over your hand while bringing the left side of your rib cage toward your hip.
- Lower to your starting position and repeat 6 to 8 times.
- Do two sets of 6 to 8 reps, and then switch sides.
Spiderman Plank Crunch
- Start in a traditional plank position with your forearms on the ground and your body perfectly straight.
- Bring your right knee forward towards your right elbow, then return to the plank position.
- Repeat by bringing your left knee toward your left elbow.
- That’s one rep. Alternate sides for a total of 10 complete reps.
Squat Thrust with Twist
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend your arms in front of you at shoulder height.
- Begin by squatting down, bending your knees 90 degrees, and twisting your upper body to the left.
- Now come up and repeat the exercise to the right.
- Keep your weight in your heels and don’t allow your knees to jut forward away from your toes.
- Keep your knees facing forward as your chest and shoulders move side to side.
For the best results, bend your knees as close to 90 degrees as possible.
- Start by lying on the floor with a 3-foot-long scarf or towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot, knees bent, left foot on the floor.
- Hold the scarf in both hands, and extend your right leg, keeping your foot flexed.
- Slowly walk your hands up the scarf as you lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for a count of 2.
- Now lower yourself back to the starting position, walking your hands back down the scarf.
- Do two sets of 8 to 10 reps on each sides Be sure to keep your head neutral — don’t tuck your chin or tilt back.
- Sit on the floor and extend your legs, pressing them firmly together.
- Lean back 45 degrees from the hips.
- Keep your abs engaged as you bring both your arms overhead like a ballerina.
- Slowly twist your torso to the right, placing your right arm on the mat. Keep your left arm reaching overhead for a slow count of 3.
- Repeat the movement, keeping your left arm on the floor, and keeping your butt and heels on the floor.
- Contract your abs to support your spine as you return to center, bringing both arms overhead.
- Continue alternating sides. Do 2 sets of 6 to 8 reps on each side.
- Lie back at the center of your mat with your knees bent. Lift your head and shoulders and curl your chin in toward your chest.
- Inhale as you draw your left knee in toward your chest, placing your left hand on your ankle and your right hand on your knee.
- Lift your right leg about 45 degrees off the floor.
- Switch legs, extending your left leg while hugging your right leg to your chest.
- Switch hand positions each time your switch legs, placing your right hand on your right ankle and your left hand on your right knee.
- Do between 5 and 10 reps for each side.
After doing a series of regular crunches and other lying-down exercises, getting into cobra pose is a welcome change. It will make you feel like lengthening the front of your rib cage.
- Lie facedown on the floor with your palms near your chest.
- Lift your head, shoulders, and chest off the floor, pulling your shoulder blades down and together.
- Hold for 2 counts and then lower back down. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
- For a more difficult exercise, try lifting your thighs and hips off the floor.
Latest posts by Aditya (see all)
- Why you Should let your child watch Cartoons & Animations - 27th December 2017
- Alcohol Abuse and its Long Term Effects - 7th March 2017
- How To Get a Good Night’s Sleep Naturally - 16th January 2017